In this e-Learning course, we delve deep into the principles of capital measurement and management, and explore the impact on bank performance of the capital adequacy framework set by Basel.
We engage with you in practical exercises in Excel, to measure capital, risk-weighted assets (RWA), and capital ratios for a hypothetical bank balance sheet; and simulate the effects of leverage and fair value changes on bank performance and capital.
Who Should Enroll:
This course is ideal for financial analysts, risk managers, regulatory compliance professionals, and anyone interested in understanding the intricacies of bank balance sheet analysis and capital management. It is suitable for College and University students who aspire to become risk and finance professionals.
What You Will Gain:
Upon completing this course, you will:
- Acquire a deep understanding of the main components of a bank’s balance sheet and how they impact performance and capital.
- Differentiate between economic and regulatory capital and gain insights into Basel’s capital adequacy requirements.
- Develop practical skills in measuring risk-weighted assets (RWA), capital, and capital ratios using Excel.
- Explore the concept of balance sheet leverage and its associated opportunities and risks.
- Understand the effects of leverage and fair value accounting choices on bank performance and capital.
- Learn how to measure the effects of leverage and fair value changes on performance and capital for a hypothetical bank balance sheet.
Course Access Duration:
270 days starting from enrollment date.