- Identify the main components of a bank’s balance sheet and how they affect performance and capital.
- Differentiate between economic and regulatory capital and review Basel’s capital adequacy requirements.
- Review measurement methods for risk-weighted assets (RWA), capital, and capital ratios.
- Measure capital, RWA, and capital ratios for a hypothetical bank balance sheet (Excel).
- Explore the concept of balance sheet leverage and its associated opportunities and risks.
- Examine the effects of leverage and fair value accounting on bank performance and capital.
- Measure the effects of leverage and fair value changes on performance and capital for a hypothetical bank balance sheet (Excel).
- 45 minutes
- Staff and management in Risk, Finance, Operations, Audit, Risk IT, and Front Office, in financial organizations globally.
Earn verifiable Continuing Education and Professional Development credits with Optimal MRM’s e-Learning program.
Recommended Course Prerequisites:
How long do I have to complete this course?
- You will have access to course content for 270 days from enrollment date and can choose to complete the course at any time during this period.