- Identify the main components of a bank’s balance sheet and how they affect performance and capital.
- Differentiate between economic and regulatory capital and review Basel’s capital adequacy requirements.
- Review measurement methods for risk-weighted assets (RWA), capital, and capital ratios.
- Measure capital, RWA, and capital ratios for a hypothetical bank balance sheet (Excel).
- Explore the concept of balance sheet leverage and its associated opportunities and risks.
- Examine the effects of leverage and fair value accounting on bank performance and capital.
- Measure the effects of leverage and fair value changes on performance and capital for a hypothetical bank balance sheet (Excel).
English, Chinese (Simplified)
- Staff and management in Risk, Finance, Operations, Audit, Risk IT, and Front Office, in financial organizations globally.
- Earn verifiable Continuing Education and Professional Development credits with Optimal MRM’s e-Learning program.
Recommended Course Prerequisites:
How long do I have to complete this course?
You will have access to course content for 270 days from enrollment date and can choose to complete the course at any time during this period.