- Understand the basic principles of volatility and correlation and how they are applied in the measurement of risk.
- Compare historical and implied volatility and correlation.
- Examine kurtosis and skew relative to the normal distribution.
- Explore time weighting of volatility to control its response to changes in market conditions (Excel).
- Calculate volatility, adjusted for fat tails (kurtosis), and time-weighting, for the purpose of measuring risk (Excel).
- 1 hour
- Staff and management in Risk, Finance, Operations, Audit, Risk IT, and Front Office, in financial organizations globally.
Earn verifiable Continuing Education and Professional Development credits with Optimal MRM’s e-Learning program.
Recommended Course Prerequisites:
How long do I have to complete this course?
- You will have access to course content for 270 days from enrollment date and can choose to complete the course at any time during this period.